Most people know that they are having financial problems, but often they don’t realize how severe their debt problems really are. Here are some common ways to tell if you are in financial trouble in Ontario.
- You are afraid to answer the phone, because it might be a bill collector
- You have a pile of unopened mail on your kitchen table or desk; you are afraid to open your bills
- Your credit cards are always “maxed out”
- You take a cash advance from one credit card to make a payment on another credit card
- You have trouble sleeping because you worry about your debt payments
- You have missed one or more loan payments or mortgage payments
- You have taken out a payday loan, or a loan from a finance company at a high interest rate
- Collection agents are calling you at home and at work
- Collection agents are threatening you with legal action
If this sounds like your situation, you should consider getting some professional help. Your financial problems may have been caused by a job loss, a marriage break up, or a medical problem. Regardless of the cause, money problems usually don’t go away on their own. We outlined several ways to tell if you are in financial trouble in Ontario. The sooner you get help, the sooner you will get a fresh start
Contact an Ontario trustee for a free initial consultation. We will review your situation, and help you understand your options.